Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Serving Tray - Intro

I am going to create plans and a "how to" on making a very nice serving tray inspired by this tray:

http://www.touchofclass.com/product/r912-001.do?code=CMS06#

There are two finishes - the stained pine version in a dark cherry stain and a nice country green version with nice distressing. I hacked this tray and built one using basic 1 x 4 pine and a one inch dowel. It came together fairly quickly and has been a very handy tray to have.

It came in handy this last weekend for Mother's Day breakfast in bed. It was also used as a BBQ tray to help me carry salt, pepper, season salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and some nice juicy rib-eye steaks to the backyard for some grilling!

The tray is about 12" by 28" pretty big actually, but a very nice size for breakfast in bed.

I will upload pictures of my tray and a template for making the curves on the side boards that hold the dowels.

No comments:

Post a Comment